Every religious Australian’s life revolves around Christianity, whether in school, at home, or at work. By setting down the fundamentals that guide everyone’s actions and responsibilities for the greater good, Christianity helps individuals, especially young adults, partake in their social duties of helping the needy and the poor. But these fundamentals aren’t just fulfilled by spending time in a Christian book store, but by understanding the broader truth that life is more than just taking care of oneself.
Australia has more than 12 million Christians, according to a census conducted in 2016. Being the most prominent religion in the country and the most practiced globally, Christianity has been widely accepted as a means of embracing faith while coping with life’s hardships and uncertainties. However, before diving into how Christianity can be best explored in an era where modern technology and science takes precedence, it’s vital to understand why religion holds a special place in the heart of education of every Australian community:
1. Sharpens Morality:
The book of Luke chapter 6, verse 31, highlights the most important piece of advice when it comes to making moral judgments about fellow individuals. And that is to treat others in the way they want to be treated. This, along with a myriad of verses that shape a person’s learning, will be highly beneficial when exercising a moral standard of well-being across people, neighbors, and other members.
2. Tolerance In Times Of Hardships:
Every human being is well aware of the hardships in life, and with the onset of the global pandemic, Australia isn’t a stranger either. Christianity offers a helping hand for those in times of need and provides emotional support amidst the chaos.
3. Shaping One’s Character:
Honesty, fairness, justice, are all but a few characteristics taught through the Bible and the practice of religion. In this way, citizens become honorable and commit to realizing their God-given talents through hard work and dedication. A community that bonds through a single ideal of Christian morals will progress by leaps and bounds, compared to a broken one.
Exploring Christianity In This Day And Age:
Christianity is a complex religion, but that doesn’t mean one has to approach it in the same way either. For those looking to explore and bask in the experience of faith, here are a few pointers to consider:
1. Understand that every religion has its pitfalls and dark moments in history, and many use it to their advantage even to this day. The best way to navigate through is to accept the disrepute and strive to advocate these qualities for the greater good.
2. Always have an open mind and don’t just accept everything blindly. A little bit of skepticism and critical thinking is always healthy, but that doesn’t mean one should stay back from learning either. Have a clear idea of what to look for and keep the expectations fair. Remember, Christianity isn’t going to solve all of life’s problems.
3. A lot of exploration comes with reading and learning the basic history, among others. A Christian book store will always offer credible resources and materials to start with, but keep in mind that a single book won’t do.
4. Keep the teachings of Jesus Christ at the heart of learning as they are the fundamental basis of every Christian religion.
5. Make connections with the local church or congregation and, if possible, find someone who is on the same path. Having a partner in this journey or sharing the experience with a group of like-minded Christians will always be instrumental in building a strong foundation for faith.